COVID Practices & Protocols
- Primary, Lower Elementary, Upper Elementary and Middle School students are required to wear masks while inside. Students do not wear their masks when they are eating, napping, outside doing work or playing on the playground.
- Toddler students (students 2 and under) are not required to wear masks/face covering.
- Staff are required to wear masks inside when working with others.
- Masks are required for all adults entering the school whether vaccinated or not.
- Children will keep social distancing of 3 feet while indoors as much as possible.
- All children need to have 2 masks or face coverings kept at school.
- Children no longer have to stay in the same group throughout the day including playground time, and before or after school care.
- Children no longer have his/her personal box to store supplies.
- Children can bring lunch in their lunch boxes, as was done before. Please read Parent Handbook for lunch guidelines.
- Parents are welcome back to visit our school- masks are required for all.
- All classroom furniture, sink areas, and bathrooms will be cleaned and disinfected daily, and as needed throughout the day.
- Washing hands when arriving, after using bathroom, before and after eating, after nose blowing, etc. will be enforced.
- We no longer take temperatures and ask health questions upon arrival. Children who develop fevers higher than 100.4 and/or have other contagious symptoms including but not limited to vomiting and diarrhea need to be picked up immediately and has to remain at home 24 hours symptom free without use of medications. The health guideline is in our Parent Handbook and is applicable to all illnesses.
- If your child develops Covid related symptoms, the parent must consult with child’s pediatrician. If recommended by the pediatrician, he/she either must have a Covid test and return to school with a negative test result or if you choose not to test your child, he/her has to be quarantined at home for two weeks.
- Each class has its own gate for drop off and pick up. Details will be discussed at parent orientation night.
- If you are traveling internationally during summer and school year, a test is required after 5 days of your arrival, and a negative test result needs to be presented before your child can return to school. No restrictions are placed on domestic traveling.
- If anyone at the school contracts Covid the classroom will be closed a minimum of 48 hours for further disinfecting or as directed by the county health department. Testing will be required of all exposed and a negative test result must be presented to return. Those choosing not to test will need to quarantine for an additional 12 days before returning, as was done last school year.
- Practices and protocols may be changed by the school administration at any time as further information develops to keep our school safe and open.