COVID Response Policy & Practices
- Masks are optional for all faculty, staff, students and visitors at Village Montessori.
- Please note, we do have staff and students that continue to choose to wear a mask at school - we support the choices families make regarding masks.
- Masks are required for all adults entering the school whether vaccinated or not.
- As of 1/25/2022, masks are highly recommended for all students Primary through Middle School. This may change with CDC recommendations.
- Children will keep social distancing of 3 feet while indoors as much as possible.
- All classroom furniture, sink areas, and bathrooms will be cleaned and disinfected daily, and as needed throughout the day.
- Washing hands when arriving, after using bathroom, before and after eating, after nose blowing, etc. will be enforced.
- Children who present with contagious symptoms while at school (fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea) will need to be picked up immediately and can return to school with a negative COVID test. A rapid PCR is preferred, if that is unavailable two (2) rapid at home tests will be accepted.
- Parents, if you have symptoms, please keep your children home, test yourself and test your children ideally 5 days after symptoms present.
- If your child is exposed to someone outside of Village who has tested positive for COVID 19, you are required to quarantine the child for 5 days and have a rapid PCR COVID test completed before your child can return to VMS. A copy of the negative test results must be provided to the school for return to the classroom. If you choose to not have your child tested your child can quarantine for 10 school days and return as long as they do not have any COVID symptoms.
- If your child develops COVID related symptoms, the parent must consult with child’s pediatrician. If recommended by the pediatrician, he/she either must have a COVID test and return to school with a negative test result or if you choose not to test your child, he/her has to be quarantined at home for two weeks.
- If you are traveling internationally, a test is required after 5 days of your arrival, and a negative test result needs to be presented before your child can return to school. No restrictions are placed on domestic traveling at this point in time.
- Village Montessori School for health and safety purposes may need to close aftercare, classes, or the school in response to school-based cases of COVID-19 for decontamination and contact tracing, in response to significant absenteeism of staff and students, or as part of a larger community mitigation strategy for jurisdictions with substantial community spread.
- If anyone at the school contracts COVID the classroom or associated aftercare program can be closed a minimum of 48 hours. For those who have contracted COVID and have tested positive, a negative test result must be presented to return to school. Those choosing not to test will need to quarantine for an additional 10 school days before returning. Testing is recommended to all exposed.
- Practices and protocols may be changed by the school administration at any time as further information develops to keep our school safe and open.