Village Montessori School holds the rights of a child paramount in society
The mission of Village Montessori School is to provide the best educational environment that is dedicated to upholding and maintaining the principles of AMI Montessori Education.
Our warm and nurturing environment is meticulously prepared to meet the needs of the individual child whether they are in the toddler program, primary program, elementary program, or middle school program.
We strive to educate the child through supportive relationships to foster a love for learning, a curiosity about the world, and help him/her to mature to make a positive, productive impact on our world community.
Below is a list of the principles Village Montessori School is based on. They are summarized from the AMI Montessori website.
The objectives of the AMI Montessori Association are to uphold, propagate and further the pedagogical principles and practice formulated by Dr. Maria Montessori for the full development of the human being.
1. Montessori mission upholds the rights of the child in a society
2. We are here to help the child to develop naturally in the family, school and society
3. Our goal is to awaken public opinion with regard to the moral dignity of the child as ‘the Father of Man’
4. We have a vision to ensure the independence of the child’s personality through successive stages of growth until he reaches full normal development by means of his own activity
5. We are here to provide opportunities wherever possible for children to develop normally, thereby helping all adults to enter into a new life of harmony and co-operation and peace
6. Our global function as a social movement is to strive to obtain recognition for the rights of the child throughout the world, irrespective of race, religion, political and social belief