Teacher’s Assistant Position – 2 openings
Primary Class - Ages 3 to 6 and 4th thru 8th
Will work with the Lead Teacher to maintain a calm, productive, orderly, harmonious, and positive classroom environment that is clean, supplied and in good repair. They observe behaviors, model grace and courtesy, preserve and protect lessons, and assist in the development of independence of students.
Overview of Responsibilities:
- Follow all health and safety procedures as well as all school policies and procedures.
- Be professional and positive in all dealings with children and parents.
- Provide behavioral guidance to children in a manner that is firm but respectful.
- Inform the lead teacher of any classroom difficulties including discipline, health, equipment needs, repair, and maintenance.
- Assist in preparation/production of instructional materials, activities, and lessons.
- Supervise the children as they work and play.
- Must have a minimum of a high school diploma or a GED/College degree preferred
- Must be motivated and able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Must have a positive attitude, be detail oriented and have a good work ethic.
- Must complete clearance of a background check
- Ability to work collaboratively with students, families, and other staff members.